2021 Latest MM2H News and Updates
2020 has been a crazy whirlwind year due to the global COVID-19 pandemic situation and now we’re in the second year…
Since 2nd July 2020, the Malaysian government has temporarily frozen the Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) programme to allow the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture to review and improve the programme by end of 2020. The move is also in line with the government’s decision to bar foreign nationals from entering the country due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Relevant supporting links are found here:
The suspension of the MM2H program applies to the entire industry across and to all registered agents. The effects of the suspension are:
1. All applications submitted last year that are not fully processed have been returned.
2. No new applications are accepted and received by the Ministry.
All the affected participants mentioned above will have to wait until the program is re-opened. We at Complete Point will duly notify our clients on the latest news once it is released. If you would like to be updated with the latest news, let us know by filling up the form!
Many existing MM2H holders and interested MM2H participants have questions about the type of services that can be done during this COVID time. We have summarized important information for you!
1. I would like to enter Malaysia as a MM2H participant during COVID-19, is it possible?
Effective 5th October, existing MM2H participants (also known as ‘stranded MM2H holders’) may re-enter Malaysia with the following procedures and documents:
1. Valid Passport with minimum of 6 months to expiry date
2. Valid MM2H visa
3. MM2H original approval letter
4. Attain approval from Immigration Department of Malaysia by completing information at this link:
All approval for re-entry is subject to the approval by the Immigration.
5. Once approval is attained, book flights and fly to Malaysia.
6. Upon arrival:
You will be guided by the governmental authorities to complete landing procedures and this will include:
*Submission of letter of letter of undertaking and indemnity
*Assignment to the designated quarantine centres and hotels assigned by the Government with fees payable for the 14-day stay
Please note that the conditions to re-enter Malaysia may be subject to change and revision by the government which is dependent upon the threat of COVID-19.
Let us assist you! Fill up the inquiry form or you may drop us an e-mail at email@example.com.
2. I am a MM2H holder and my MM2H visa is about to expire, can I renew?
Yes! We can assist. Please fill up the inquiry form or get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. I would like to terminate the MM2H program, is it possible?
Effective 23 September 2020, MM2H participants may terminate the MM2H pass whilst staying abroad.
Complete Point provides the above service without the need of applicant to travel to Malaysia for the whole process, however applicant will need to request cancellation of MM2H Pass in their passport(s) at the Malaysia Mission abroad after we obtained the Termination Letter from MOTAC.
The termination process will be as follows:
1. E-mail scanned documents to us to obtain approval from the Ministry
2. Once we receive approval, we will e-mail to you
3. MM2H participant must present himself/ herself at the respective Malaysian Embassy together with documents
4. Notify us on the completion of step 3 and we will request MM2H visa cancellation with Immigration system
5. For Fixed Deposit withdrawal with your respective bank, we will arrange to send the termination letters from MOTAC and Immigration Department of Malaysia to the bank. After which, you are required to contact the related bank to give instruction for the withdrawal funds to be remitted to you or deposit to your savings account in Malaysia (mandatory and compulsory settlement to be handed on your end).
If you are interested to terminate the program, fill up the inquiry form or e-mail us at email@example.com and we will assist and guide you on the procedure.
Rest assured that the government is doing their very best to ensure the safety of everyone! We will get through this period together.
We wish that you and your family are safe during this time.
Feel free to send us the enquiry form to discuss with us on all your concerns. Migration is once a lifetime affair, the first step of doing in right is very important to avoid any complications.